Bachelor of Information Management
Bachelor of Information Management (BIM) is a four-year course spreading over 8 semesters. This course of Tribhuvan University is designed in such a way that it is the integration of IT and Management.
Bachelor of Information Management (BIM) will give you a well-rounded information management education, ranging from operations, human resource, marketing, strategy, and accounting and finance, to make you a more versatile and employable graduate. BIM focuses on critical thinking, clear communication skills, and the ability to solve complex problems. This program will enable you to develop an understanding of the wider world, entailing sociology, business environments, communications, economics, and mathematics. You will be equipped with an understanding of greater social responsibilities, ethics, and the fundamental skills required to compete in the graduate job market.
Bachelor of Information Management (BIM) is a four-year course spreading over 8 semesters. This course of Tribhuvan University is designed in such a way that it is the integration of IT and Management. Information management is the study of the use of information and communication systems in business administration and decision making. The use and relevancy of Information Management are increasing every single day. Information Management is basically the mixture of Economics, Computer Science, and Management which uses various tools, techniques, methodologies, and theories to evaluate, analyze and process the information system. It consists of 126 credit hours.
Objectives of Bachelor of Information Management
- To make IT professionals efficient in the use of computers and computational techniques, develop helpful information systems and solve real-life problems in the organizations.
- To enhance the skills of students in understanding the latest tendency of software development and database management system and develop the ability to manage the information of different organizations.
- Imparting professional training by integrating IT and management skills.
- Help prepare the foundation for postgraduate-level study in and outside the country.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Information Management
Eligibility for admission:
The candidates who are applying for admission to the BIM program should abide by the following procedure:
- Students are required to have completed +2/ equivalent level from any university or the board that is recognized by Tribhuvan University.
- Students willing to pursue BIM should at least secure second division at the +2/ or equivalent level. However, it is seen that colleges prefer to enroll students who have passed in the first division.
- Students are required to follow all the application procedures and guidelines that should be fulfilled while sitting for the entrance examination.
Students should pass through different phases of the test before getting admitted to BIM:
The eligible candidates should appear in the CMAT entrance test (Central Management Aptitude Test) conducted by the Faculty of Management like that of BBA. The test follows the standards of the international testing system. Questions are asked in the four sections:
- Verbal skill Testing
- Quantitative technique analysis
- Logical examining
- General knowledge and awareness testing
There are 100 objective questions, 25 questions in every four sections and students must secure at least 40% marks to pass the exam and get qualified for the interview.
Students who have got the minimum 40% marks will be called for an interview and few students will be selected for admission on the basis of merit list.
In order to get admitted to the reputed colleges offering BIM programs, students need to have a comprehensive study of entrance preparation course. Various institutions specialized in entrance preparation run different shifts classes to make students well acquainted with the entrance test. Besides this, these institutes also take a mock test that can be beneficial for students to build up confidence. They also teach students techniques to face interview so that students can be pre accustomed to that environment. This also helps students to get rid of nervousness and pressure. Not only this, students can have access to bundles of questions on the internet on different websites. However, joining institutes for preparation is not compulsory, the students can sit at home, buy entrance preparation books and can prepare themselves.
Scope and Career Prospects
BIM has a very promising scope in today’s information-hungry world. The BIM graduates have a crucial role in the MIS function of the organization. After the completion of BIM, the graduates will have access to various employment opportunities. BIM graduates can get jobs in almost every field. Database management, program analysts, network analysis and management, system designers, trainers, etc. are the wide range of jobs that BIM graduates will be rewarded with. Not only this, but BIM graduates can also vie for governmental and nongovernmental jobs. Moreover, BIM graduates who opt to choose for continuous higher studies can easily take off as the course creates a solid foundation for further studies. And lastly, the door of international study is always open with BIM.
Bachelor of Information Management Syllabus
- English Composition
- Computers Information System (CIS)
- Digital Logic Design
- Principles of Management
- Basic Mathematics
- Structured Programming
- Data Communication and Computer Network
- Business Communications
- Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications
- Sociology for Business
- Financial Accounting
- Web Technology I
- Java Programming I
- Computer Organization
- Business Statistics
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Data Structure and Algorithm with Java
- Web Technology II
- Database Management System
- Computer Graphics
- Java Programming II
- Advanced Internet Working
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business Finance
- Software Engineering
- Computer Security and Cyber Law
- Summer Project
- Human Resource Management
- Business Environment in Nepal
- Management Information System
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Artificial Intelligence
- Organizational Behavior
- Operations Management
- Business Strategy
- IT Entrepreneurship and Supply Chain Management
- Economics of Information and Communication
- System Administration - Win NT (Elective)
- Graphics User Interface Programming Using C++ (Elective)
- Computer-Based Financial Engineering (Elective)
- Electronic Reporting and Auditing (Elective)
- Object-Oriented Database Management (Elective)
- Software Project Management (Elective)
- Operating Systems (Elective)
- Data Mining and Data Warehousing (Elective)
- Client-Server Computing(Elective)
The fee of the course is around 865,000 to 950,000/-
Who Are We?
Collegeinit aims to continue providing “Educational Counselling” for students who are searching for college details and what facilities do they provide, furthermore handling such types of queries and problems. Find colleges that teach Medical, Dentistry, or Nursing on CollegeInit. The application has the feature for locating Colleges on Map so that you can have a better search experience, such as nearby locations.
Recommended College not found
Bachelor of Business Studies
The Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) course is ...
Bachelor of Information Technology
A Bachelor of Information Technology (abbreviatio...
Bachelors of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA is one...
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
Bachelor of Civil Engineering (B.E. Civil) is 4-y...
Masters of Business Administration
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a 2-ye...