Bachelor of Mountaineering Studies
BMS is an 8 semester (4 years) course that comprises foundation courses of management studies, social science, pure science, mountaineering and tourism core courses, elective and project report writing works culminating in thesis writing representing both sectors of management, mountain tourism, and mountaineering.
BMS is an 8 semester (4 years) course that comprises foundation courses of management studies, social science, pure science, mountaineering and tourism core courses, elective and project report writing works culminating in thesis writing representing both sectors of management, mountain tourism, and mountaineering. Thus, BMS is not just about climbing but is a complete integration of modern management, mountain, and related tourism studies.
Professors of different disciplines and faculties have designed the curricula of Bachelor of Mountaineering Studies (BMS).
- It is based on the wisdom of the past (history of mountain tourism and mountaineering) with an eye for the future.
- It aims to prepare graduates having a set of skills, attributes, and values that equip them to become constructive and contributing leaders in an increasingly globalized field of mountain and mountaineering tourism.
The syllabus for BMS has been prepared and developed following international academic standards to cater the needs of the rapidly developing tourism and hospitality industry across the globe. This academic program primarily follows the three-pronged approaches: Professional, Vocational, and Entrepreneurial. It further:
- tries to develop core competencies, subject-specific, interdisciplinary, and methodological competencies comprising with practical and applied competencies (prognosis and praxis);
- focuses on inculcating ethics, stewardship, knowledge, professionalism, and mutual understanding among the stakeholders (TEFI).
Scope of BMS
BMS gives you the power to explore beyond your realms. Some scopes include:
- Nepal being the home for 8 out of 14 highest peaks in the world actually makes the most suitable place to study and imply the brighter prospects of this course,
- Along with climbing, BMS provides you with the possibility of expanding your career as a trekking expert, incubator, natural researcher, anthropologist, and tourism business entrepreneur,
- Aspiring young men and women to have a great space to grow and pioneer in mountains and its orbital business in the national and international market; and
- Emphasizing career-focused skills viz. wall climbing, rock climbing, trekking, peak climbing and mountaineering.
Thus, BMS stands at your doorstep to open an international trail of recognition.
BMS course prepares you to be:
- Researcher (Topography, Climate, Environment)
- Lecturer (National, International)
- Manager (Tour, Travel, Expedition Companies, Events)
- Anthropologist (Culture & Society)
- Mountaineer (Guides and Leaders)
- Mountain geologist
- Mountain economist
- Mid-level executives (Governmental / Non-Governmental)
Student intake for the BMS Program will begin from August – September for the Fall semester.
The applicant for BMS must have successfully completed 10+2 or equivalent examination in any academic stream with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (CGPA 1.8 with minimum D+ in each subject) from the National Examination Board or any equivalent board recognized by Tribhuvan University with English as a compulsory subject.
How can Collegeinit help you?
Recommended College not found
Bachelor of Business Studies
The Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) course is ...
Bachelor of Information Technology
A Bachelor of Information Technology (abbreviatio...
Bachelors of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA is one...
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
Bachelor of Civil Engineering (B.E. Civil) is 4-y...
Bachelor of Social Work
The Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W.) degree progr...